This page describes the use of the New Post Notification Plugin.
- WordPress Version 3 or higher
- Activated Plugin User Access Manager (UAM) by GM_Alex
- Download the plugin-files from the WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Upload the files to your plugins directory on your Server.
- Activate the plugin in your admin-backend.
There is no need of configurating the plugin. After activating it, users can activate the posts subscription in their profile. New users will have the subscription activated by default.
- Send Mails triggered by WP_cron.
- Let user decide to get notifications on certain posts based on the post-category.
- Admin should decide on the default notification setting of new users.
- Make the plugin work without the need of having UAM activated.
These bugs are already reported and will be fixed in the next plugin version.
- The post has to be saved just before publishing it. Otherwise the lastest changes will not be transmitted via email and the access groups aren’t correctly set.
If you have questions or want to report a bug, please use the wordpress.org Support-Forum.
If you are happy with this plugin, feel free to donate for further development.